Caramel Custard

Tuesday 19 August 2008

As usual, a small introduction before I give the recipe. I *love* this dish. I'm a fan of this dish; hell, I'm an air-conditioner of this! I tasted it when mom made it, and have always wanted to try it out. My first attempt was shown the bin; it tasted like egg! I got another recipe this time, and since I try until I succeed (lol), I gave it my best shot (LOL). Here's the recipe: (Courtesy - a dear friend :) )

***

Ingredients:

  • 5 Eggs

  • 500 ml Milk

  • 150 gm Sugar

  • 100 gm (to make caramel) Sugar


  • Method:

  • Add the sugar for caramel in a vessel that you can put in a pressure cooker. Sprinkle some water on it, just enough to slightly wet the sugar. Set this on high and keep stirring until you see bubbles. Then stir some more until the colour turns golden brown. Set this aside.

  • Beat the eggs (with a blender, if possible). Add the milk and sugar to this mixture. Stir well.

  • Transfer the above to the vessel containing caramel. Cover it with tracing paper. I used cello tape to secure it on all sides. Steam this for 15-18 minutes.

  • Take the vessel out, remove the tracing paper, and allow it to cool until it reaches around the room temp.

  • Turn the vessel upside down into a bowl, and lo!



    Resist the temptation to dig in immediately; allow it to cool in the fridge. Serve!

    ***

    Thats all. I made it last night and ate a soup-bowl full! Now, I'm sad that I didn't pack it as dessert for my lunch :-(

    AddThis Social Bookmark Button


    3 comments: to “ Caramel Custard

     
    Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster